The countdown can works in two ways : for futur and past events : until the events (in 43 days for example) and since the events (for 96 days)
So this plugin is very interesting for major (or minor) events of the life, birthdays, etc…
- Unlimited DDays stocked in the database
- Function of repetition of the Dday. For example : every year for birthday.
- Posibility to give a title, an URL, a description…
- Customizable format of display (ex : The balise %TITLE% will be replaced by the title of the DDay). This allows a simply translation in any language.
- Advanced interface of management of the DDays : selection of the order by drag and drop, realtime form validation.
- Posibility to insert the list of the DDays in the sidebar or to insert a specific DDay in a post
- Unzip the file
- Upload it in /wp-content/plugins/dday/ of your WordPress installation
- Activate the Plugin
- Visit the management page in the administration of WordPress
- Change the format of display to your taste and to your language for non english-speaking people (See it in “Edit Options” at the bottom ). ITS VERY IMPORTANT FOR NON ENGLISH USERS!!!
- Add DDays and modify the order with the drag and drop function.
- Insert with the Widget or use wp_dday_list() to display the list of all active DDays or use the widget
You can configure Nice tooltip on mouseover a DDay :
In wp-dday.php search $nice_tooltip (l.17) :
- 0 = De-activated
- 1 = activated without jQuery required
- 2 = activated with jQuery required. Bettter if your theme or one of your extensions uses already jQuery
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“DDay” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Bug fixes
- Modified some method of injection of data in the database for improving security. Some slashes may appears, please delete them.
- Bug fixes (spaces were added after title editing)
- Added an another script of nice tooltip : better when jQuery is already used by your theme or by one of your extensions
- Improve script and style injection to be coherent with WP
- Small modification suggested by Dric ( http://www.driczone.net/blog ) to reduce the number of queries to the database.
- DDay-Widget was not fully deleted in 0.3.8
- Fix some bugs on WP3.0 with Scriptaculous and Prototype on the admin page
- Widget is now merged in the code of wp-dday.php so there is only one plugin to activate.
- Adds translation into Belorussian. Thanks to Marcis G.
- Fix of an error with Daylight saving time and offset timezone. The problem came from an inadequation between GMT and the time of the server causing errors when changing DST, timezone or server. Now all the dates are coded in GMT so there should be no problem with it anymore. But the dates saved before this upgrade may lagged by an error of some hours. You will need to fix them manually (just go in the admin of DDay and edit the time of these ddays to what you want it is). I am very sorry for this inconvenience.
- Fix some things for WP 2.7
- Adds a filter %DATE% and %DATEandHOUR% for display formatting
- Now can be localized
- Fix an error to execute the query of the frequence of repetion
- Fix an error that displayed the li tag when the event shouldn’t be displayed
- Fix a select query in the database -> list of dday where not displayed
- Fix a bug with Publish / Unpublish in admin page
- -1 in display before and after => No display
- 1 bug fixed Fonction : drag and drope
- Some improvement in the code
- Nice tooltip : can be de-activate easilly
- Choice of unit of the countdown more flexible
Thanks to all who sent bug reports and ideas for improvements.