This plugin hasnt been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
OwnID is a passwordless add-on for your WordPress or WooCommerce website. The authentication flow is web-based and doesn’t require you to install an app. Our complete end-to-end platform works cross-OS, cross-device, and cross-domain. It supports Passkeys out of the box.
Our plugin handles a multitude of login scenarios: new user login, existing user login, phone unavailable, biometrics not supported, and more. Your users will be able to log in quickly and easily, always.
I installed this plugin on my woocommerce site 1 month ago, at first everything seemed to work fine, then the thumbprint or magic link login only started appearing occasionally. which is annoying but not disastrous. Where it hurts is that when it doesn't appear I can't explain what conflict this creates but several customers have contacted me to tell me that they can't connect it. I did the test and each time it does not appear, impossible to connect. we receive an error that the password is invalid even though it is valid. To fix the issue you need to disable the plugin, remove the autoload options in the database and make sure to clear all forms of cache, redis, page cache, browser cache. then the problem will be solved at 90%. the remaining 10% is a major problem… some customers will contact you to tell you that it does not work, at which point you will have to guide them so that they manually purge all their cache and cookie from their browser. So for now I suggest you avoid this plugin on a site in production otherwise you risk losing customers, because not all customers will contact you when it is impossible to connect.
Easy to install and configure. In case of difficulty, just ask the question to the very responsive team. The extension is FIDO certified and works perfectly on mobile or PC. Surprised to have such quality for free, I decided to write an article on my blog to promote passwordless (non-sponsored). Thank you for your work !
This might be a new plugin but it works well, with WordPress and WooCommerce
I've been hunting for a solution for over a year, and this is the first one that allows me to combine a few methods of authentication I needed: passkeys, biometric, magic link, otp via email – without the need for coding. And the support was great: I wanted to remove the password fields completely and got a little stuck with WooCommerce, but Carlos responded immediately and the next day they pushed a plugin update. Thanks!
I am considering also adding social and SMS methods, so if OwnID implemented them, it would save me installing additional plugins, but frankly, those might just be fallback solutions and with what current version offers already, I'll probably wait and see if my visitors need them.