Group Your Users
- Add descriptions to user groups
- Assign colors to user groups
- View all users in a group
- Add users to more than one group at a time
The User Groups plugin does not modify user capabilities, limit access, or anything like that. This plugin does one thing, and does it well: create groups and organize your users by that group.
Works beautifully with the Rich Text Tags plugin for adding WYSIWYG descriptions to the User Groups.
- Upload the User Groups plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create User Groups by going to Users > Groups
- Add users to an User Group by visiting their profile page and selecting checkboxes of the groups you’d like to add them to
- Does this plugin limit user access to (anything)
Contributors & Developers
“User Groups” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “User Groups” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.3 & 1.3.1 on April 11, 2016
- Fixed: User Groups lost when users update own profile
- Fixed: Compatibility with WordPress 4.2 – 4.5
- Added: Translation strings
- Fixed: Additional sanitization
- Fixed: Colorpicker in Edit User Group screen
1.2.2 on June 11, 2015
- Fixed: PHP notices
- Fixed: When a User Group color wasn’t set, the group would not display in the Users table column
- Fixed: Potential security issue with
add_query_arg()– learn more (please update!)
- Implemented fix for a few bugs reported on WordPress Codex
- Fixed: User Groups with no users are viewable
- Fixed minor PHP message as reported here
- Added bulk editing of user groups